Saturday, December 18, 2010

Glitterphilia


Did you know that some people, mostly of the grown-up variety, don't care for glitter in their carpets, in their hair, or in their beards? Don't they know that glitter improves everything? And the more you use, the better. How can they not know that?


Bows too, and ribbons, the cheesier the better. And none of those fancy fabric ribbons either -- I want mine to shine!


And if you have glitter and bows and ribbons (with a few cotton balls thrown in because they remind us of snow) you're going to need lots and lots of glue.



And then if you really want to do it right you sit down together with your best friends and create this great beauty together.


It's essential, too, that the glitterphobes be banned from the work space because their clucking and fussing is just plain annoying, and doesn't do any good anyway, because we all know that it's the destiny of glitter to go where ever it wants. 


No, the field must be left wide open to the glitterphiliacs among us.



We have the job of making your world more wonderful.


And when we're done, you'll thank us.


Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Kate said...

How awesome to provide kids with such a mess-friendly environment. I don't know a kid who wouldn't thrive with such opportunities.

Barbara Zaborowski said...

Well, I'll certainly thank you for the beautiful project! Count me among the glitterphilia.

carine said...

Very good and open-ended idea! I love glitter too (and so my 3 years old daughter). Just be careful that the kids wash their hands properly after because glitter can scratch the retina.

Amy A @ Child Central Station said...

Love it! Congrats on the Edublog Award!

Jeanne Zuech said...

Count me among the Glitter-atics. Thanks for the fun description and the photos full of Beautiful Stuff. I agree there is nothing more pleasing to children than Shiny and Sparkly things to use in the classroom. And, of course, the glitter then travels as far and wide as it can - in my car trunk, on a coat I didn't wear that day in class, in my book bag...ahhh, the joys of glitter.

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

LOL, I love it! I just want to know how you keep your custodians happy when you do this? Do you bribe them with a little thank you gift? ;)

The black paper on the tables covered in glitter make an excellent Milky Way in case you decide to explore space or have a new dramatic area!

Juliet Robertson said...

Gimme glitter, and sequins and sequin holes and sticky, sparkly paper and material that razzles and dazzles and tinsel and glitzy baubles and I'm in my kitch heaven. Oh yes!

Um I even like the glittery safety flooring in bathrooms and toilets. Oh and in the sunlight, if you look real close at the grim, gray granite rocks - the building material in my part of the world they do sparkle thanks to the flecks of mica.

Let the Children Play said...

Love! We went out for our staff christmas party the other night, and you could pick out the preschool teachers among our group by the randam specks of red and green glitter - a bit on a cheek here, a bit in the hair there!

Let the Children Play said...

Love! We went out for our staff christmas party the other night, and you could pick out the preschool teachers among our group by the randam specks of red and green glitter - a bit on a cheek here, a bit in the hair there!

rachelle | tinkerlab said...

Hooray for glitter! I know a glitterphobe or two, but in our house, glitter is king. Awesome post, Tom.