Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Squishing Play Dough And Discussing Urethras



We were gathered together around a fresh ball of play dough, five girls and Teacher Tom.

"Teacher Tom, look at my butt!"

"I don't want to look at your butt." I said it in such a way that they took it as a joke.

"Teacher Tom, look at my butt!"

"I don't want to look at anyone's butt."

"If I pulled down my pants and underpants you would see my butt."

"I don't want you to do that. I'm perfectly fine not seeing your butt."

There was some general giggling, then, "Why don't you want to see my butt?"

"I guess it's because that's where your poop comes out and I'm not a big fan of poop." 

The word made them giggle some more, "And it's where pee comes out, too!"

This assertion brought the frivolity to a pause as everyone let it sink in. Then one of them objected, "Pee doesn't come out of your butt."

"It does, I feel it sometimes."

"It doesn't. I think that's called diarrhea. Pee comes out of your vulva."

"You mean vagina."

"No, I don't. My vagina is the inside part you can't see. My vulva is the outside."

There was a general looking around at one another as if for confirmation. Then someone said, "I don't think that's right. Pee doesn't come from the outside part, it comes from the inside. There's another hole it comes out of . . . "

"Is it the labia?"

"No . . . I know! It's the urethra."

"That's right, the pee comes out of the urethra. That's what my body book says."

No one looked to me for either confirmation or information other than help with the pronunciation of "urethra."



I've just published a book! If you are interested in ordering Teacher Tom's First Book, click here. Thank you!

I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

No comments: