Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"See?"



































When I spied him assertively clambering around in the branches of the lilac amongst the remains of our tree house, I moved closer.


I didn't say anything, but he replied anyway, "Don't worry, Teacher Tom. I won't fall."


"I'm good at falling."


"If I start to fall, I just grab a branch and then I don't fall. I even like falling . . . because I'm good at it."


I said, reciting the idiom as I'd learned it, "It don't hurt you when you fall, son, only when you land."


He responded, "It doesn't even hurt me when I land because I land on my feet!" With that he let himself plummet before grabbing a branch with one hand, hung there for a beat, then twisted his body to land on two feet on the steep slope, all in one fluid motion. "See?"

I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

No comments: