Monday, February 13, 2012

Dear Tooth Fairy

































I've written a series of fairly "heavy" posts over the last few days, so I thought you might like a "grinner."

One of the best parts of working in a cooperative are the relationships I'm privileged to form with the families who stay with us for the full 3 years. There is truly nothing like the camaraderie that forms among we adults, a bond that rivals the friendships the children themselves form after having gone to school together for over half of their lives. 

And as a teacher, I'm thrilled that many of the families continue to touch base with me over the years. I like knowing what's going on with all those children I've helped launch into the world.

Isak is now a kindergartener. Last week, his mom Leslie sent me an email:

We have a tradition of the boys writing a letter to the Tooth Fairy when they lose a tooth and the Tooth Fairy writes back and leaves a half dollar coin. It's been awhile since they lost a tooth, so this caught us by surprise.

In case you can't make it out, it reads: "Dear Tooth Fairy I did not lose
a tooth but I just want some money.


When he later looked under his pillow, he found a photocopy of a half dollar.



I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great book about tooth traditions around the world!

http://www.amazon.com/Throw-Your-Tooth-Roof-Traditions/dp/0395891086

Eternal Lizdom said...

My daughter is a late bloomer- like I was- and is the only kid in her 1st grade class who hasn't yet lost a tooth. I was just thinking this morning that it might be fun for the tooth fairy to leave her a dollar to thank her for being patient and realizing that every looses teeth in their own time.