Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pressure And Listening



"I think the young feel pressured by the older generation. 


But I realized it isn't just the older generation doing the pressuring. 


Young people are pressuring older people to change, too, and it can make us feel uncomfortable. 


But it isn't all bad either.


I know how much I learned from my parents and teachers, and now I know for sure that I'm learning from my children and the young people I work with.


I don't do everything they want me to do, and they don't do everything I want them to do, but we know down deep we'd really be impoverished if we didn't have each other."


"More and more I've come to understand that listening is one of the most important things we can do for one another. 


Whether the other be an adult or a child, our engagement in listening to who that person is can often be our greatest gift. 


Whether that person is speaking or playing or dancing, building or singing or painting, if we care, we can listen." ~Mister Rogers





I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

1 comment:

Rebecca deCoca said...

I love the conversation between Mr. Rogers and Darth Vader; thanks for re-posting it!