Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings



































Parenting isn't about what our child does, but about how we respond.  ~Dr. Laura Markham


I've been going to preschool classrooms daily now for the past 17 years. I know a lot about working with other people's kids, but I'll be the first to admit, I'm no parenting expert, which is why I'm so happy to work in a school where we have three brilliant parent educators to whom I can refer parents who come to me with their parenting concerns. Among the most common questions from parents in our community are ones about siblings.

When someone from outside our little cooperative preschool community asks for parenting help, however, one of my go-to educators is Dr. Laura Markham of Aha! Parenting fame. And the best news is that she's now published her second book Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings, a follow-up to Peaceful Parent, Happy Kid, which means you can find that Dr. Laura goodness all in one place.

If you're a regular reader here, you'll know that I don't accept advertising, I don't do give-aways, I'm not in the business of helping other people sell stuff, but when Laura asked me to promote her new book, she didn't have to ask twice simply because I'm convinced that if every parent took the time to read her books, the world would be transformed. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating, her peaceful parenting concepts are transformative.

Dr. Markham's approach is about being the parent you want to be: about raising happy, responsible, emotionally healthy children; and about the revolutionary idea that love and relationship are at the heart of parenting.


I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

2 comments:

Jeff L said...

Thank so much for this post. I am tired of using threats, bullying, and constantly judging my children. I want to treat my children as fully formed human beings, but could use some help.

Avantika said...

I'm a fan of Dr Laura Markham's website and both her books. I've recommended it to almost every parent I've met. And through her website, I came across your blog today...and I can't stop reading it! Thank you for your posts. Amongst all my friends, I think I'm the only one following (or trying to) follow the approach both you and Dr Markham suggest, and sometimes I've wondered if I'm doing the right thing. But your blog has reaffirmed my belief that this is the most effective way - long term.