Tuesday, January 07, 2014

A "Guessing School"



Like for many kids and teachers, yesterday was the first day back to school after a nice long, two-week break. I love my job, but even so it's a challenge to crank back up to full speed. 

I know that's true for the kids as well, not the idea of going back to school exactly, but the necessity to get fed, dressed, and out of the house in order to be at a certain place at a certain time. This, I know, is true, even of kids to who love being at our school as much as I do, and probably some of the parents as well.

I got in a little early yesterday, giving myself extra time in case I needed it, physically, mentally, or emotionally. As it turned out, the precaution was unnecessary, which gave me a chance to scroll through my email and take a look at Facebook before the kids started arriving.


At the top of my personal Facebook page, a parent of a new kindergartner had posted a comment from her daughter who was objecting to returning to school: "I wish I was going to Teacher Tom's class. We don't have to learn anything there. It's more of a guessing school."

I'm going to be quoting her in the future. What a great way to start the new year.


I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

No comments: