Monday, November 19, 2012

Just The Thing You've Been Missing


































If you can get your hands on an old mailbox, let me tell you, it's just the thing you've been missing.


For one thing, you can put stuff in it, which is something everyone likes to do.

For another, you can take stuff out again. Then it's empty, so you can put the same stuff back in or try out different stuff.


It can be done alone or with a friend or you can take turns

You can open the door, then close it, then, get this, you can open it again and the stuff you put inside is still there, even if you've left the door closed for a long time. 


Or how about putting up the flag, then putting it down again.

It makes a good sound if you pat on it with your hand or a stick or a toy truck or your hand or a stick or a toy truck.


Some of us like to shout words into it when it's empty, then do it again when it's full.

Someone put sand in it and then we dug it back out. We just might try that again.


You can go around it or duck under it, put stuff on it, or pretend it's a treasure chest. The batteries never run down.

So, if you get your hands on an old mail box, let me tell you, you've really got something.



I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share -->

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how I can read this and KNOW that the spirit of the writing is in appreciation and genuine wonderment. Every day I wish I could find my daughter a teacher like you, Tom.

Cave Momma said...

I love this and I love your commentary with it. So true. I have been looking for one for quite some time.

allie said...

What a wonderful addition to your play space...and a good lesson in remembering that we should never assume that children need "toys", apps, and whatnot. This allows more for the imagination!