Sunday, August 30, 2009

In Case You Missed It

A lot of new readers have been visiting the blog during the past month. In fact, the average daily readership has nearly quadrupled over the past 30 days. Thank you!

Since it’s a lazy Sunday and the post I’d planned for today will take a little more time, I thought it might be a good opportunity to draw attention to some things from the archives you might have missed.

“Why We Wrestle”
I’ll bet Woodland Park is the only preschool on earth at which wrestling is an official part of the curriculum.

“What’s So Bad About Ronald McDonald?”
This is my treatise on protecting young children (and your own sanity) from television advertising

Waiting For Me In Peace and Joy
Death is a difficult topic for most parents to talk about with their preschoolers.

“Up, Up And Away!”
Superheroes and princesses are only two of the ways children explore power through their dramatic play. At Woodland Park we also try to teach them how to be powerful without resorting to violence.

“A Cooperative Manifesto”
Our school is a cooperative preschool. This is my attempt to explain and glorify this model of early childhood education, with a dash of radical left-wing economic thinking thrown in for good measure.

“Won’t You Be My Neighbor”
When I grow up I want to be Mister Rogers.

Thanks for reading!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

Congratulations on your increase in readers. Good writing speaks for itself!